Thread: Win 7 Does not remember Sign in Credentials of Mapped Network Drives

roraniel is offline Gold Member

Default Win 7 Does not remember Sign in Credentials of Mapped Network Drives

The title says it all. I have had this minor annoyance for some time and finally got around to asking here.

I have two internal HDD's and a USB Connected External HDD on my desktop set as mapped drives on my laptop.

When I signin to these drives on my laptop I always check the remember credentials box, but when I re-boot the laptop I always have to signin to those drives again.

The desktop is XP SP3, the laptop is W7 Build 7000.

seti is offline Member

Have you sent feedback on this, because I am sure that others will have had the same problem (MS does listen to the feedback and do something about it, when it is reported to them) and have you tried the fix it for me blog page to see if this has a solution already. Or were you just informing us that it doesn't?

roraniel is offline Gold Member

I did send feedback.

I did not think about the fix it for me blog.

Hoping maybe I have a setting wrong someone can give feedback on.

Quote Originally Posted by seti View Post
    Have you sent feedback on this, because I am sure that others will have had the same problem (MS does listen to the feedback and do something about it, when it is reported to them) and have you tried the fix it for me blog page to see if this has a solution already. Or were you just informing us that it doesn't?