nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

Lightbulb Windows 7 Notifies users about there Laptop’s battery life

The Engineering Windows 7 blog mentioned about a new feature of Windows 7. It is capable of telling you that how much life is remaining in your laptop’s battery. Now, there is no need to use any other 3rd party useless software to do so. It will also suggest you when to replace for a new battery.

Windows 7 makes use of a feature of modern laptop batteries which have circuitry and firmware that can report to Windows the overall health of the battery. This is reported in absolute terms as Watt-hours (W-hr) power capacity. Windows 7 then does a simple calculation to determine a percentage of degradation from the original design capacity. In Windows 7 we set a threshold of 60% degradation (that is the battery is performing at 40% of its designed capacity) and in reading this Windows 7 reports the status to you. At this point, for example, a battery that originally delivered 5 hours of charge now delivers, on average, approximately 2 hours of charge. The Windows 7 the notification is a battery meter icon and notification with a message “Consider replacing your battery”. This notification is new to Windows 7 and not available in Windows Vista or Windows XP.

Matrix is offline Senior Member

It seems that after upgrading to Windows 7, many Windows 7 users used to get a warning message about needing to replace their laptop batteries, inspite of having new batteries.

Selene is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
    It seems that after upgrading to Windows 7, many Windows 7 users used to get a warning message about needing to replace their laptop batteries, inspite of having new batteries.
    I have the same problem.
    I have a desktop Dell window7(64)and I have a multimedia keyboard and I have selected "Dell multimedia keyboard" in the keyboards but I think that the problem is not that selection if not that ubuntu doesn't detect my button.

bkr3 is offline Windows Enthusiast

me too getting like this in my old hp, but not in new acer

i prefer to change the battery, most of all i heard, dell batteries are not efficient & sufficient to user. :-(

Alyssaly is offline New Member

Sure?I find some old posts can give the message I need!Thank you!