Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reliability Monitor - No data, reliability history missing after system recovery

WaWa is offline Beginner

Unhappy Reliability Monitor - No data, reliability history missing after system recovery

Dear Forum Friends,
    I have done a system recovery after a disc cleanup with multiple programs... Too much is never good, I see now. Everything seems back to work properly, except: The reliability history shows no filled-in curve. I got the message that I seemingly just started Windows (I only did system recovery) and that it may take several hours to display properly. After 2 days, I still have nothing. Is this normal?
    Someone an answer, please? Hopefully there are no important files gone after a too enthusiastic disk cleanup.
    Maybe I should let the pc on for a night or so? Windows may need more time than what they say. Maenwhile the message on the yellow block dissapeared, but the graph is still blank.

Regards,

WaWa
    [I hope my English is understandable... My operating system is in Dutch. I may not use the correct MS Win terminology.]

(Windows 7 pro 32 bit | Intel Pentium Dual Core E5300@2.60GHz | 2.0GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 399MHz)

Last edited by WaWa; 16th September 2010 at 22:41.

soumya is offline Windows Enthusiast

WaWa is offline Beginner

Soumya,
    Thank you for your quick and very complete response. It does not seem simple. I took time to go over it and tried some of the options. It is a bit too complicated for my basic knowledge and I've got no results. Is there no chance that it will comeback after a few days?
    Windows may need more time as the few hours they say. I let my pc run for the night. I did a 'sfc scannow' en it said that the integrity is without mistakes. So, there is hope?
    Kind regards,
    WW
    Last edited by WaWa; 16th September 2010 at 22:44.

Have you tried this too?

Reliability Monitor no longer works

WaWa is offline Beginner

Thanks Soumya,
    I did not do it (yet). I'll take a closer look at it. I printed it out as well as the MS link. I am a novice in these matters, but I think I will have to give it a go, since the 'problem' is still there. I see the Reliablity Monitor reset clean, wich is the result of the reset as explained. So, if I do all as explained in this post, I'll come to the result as now: seeing a blank table. Maybe it is just a matter of time? Remember, I fixed the operating system using my previously made dvd. Maybe it reacts as if my win7 is freshly installed?

Kind regards,
    WW
    Last edited by WaWa; 18th September 2010 at 20:35.

WaWa is offline Beginner

Soumya,
    I transferred all your links to some pc-experts (which I am not!). They will take a very close look at it and will see how they can be of any help to me.
    You suggestions are the best and the most complete I clould find, so, they won't be sent for nothing. Just not seeing the graph is in computer terms not a seriuos problem. Therefore it can take its time before resolving. But, when someting like that happens unexpectedly, I am conserned that, maybe sometime, other problems will show up.
    Thanks again. I let you know when and how it was resolved.
    Bye for now. Walter

WaWa is offline Beginner

Soumya,
    Meanwhile, I did try all the suggestions in your links, with help of some people with more expertise. Unfortunately nothing helped. I still have blank graph. System-recovery with or without dvd did not help either. I presume that personal setups are not influenced. All helper believed that somehow, the triggers need to be reset, but no one knows how. Is there no way to go back to factory settings?
    I dare to hope to hear from you… I am desperate with this stubborn problem.

Regards,

WaWa

Hey,

Did your experts try to reset the monitor by following this?

How to Reset the Windows 7 Reliability Monitor

WaWa is offline Beginner

Soumya,
    I am a bir late with my reaction. Sorry. It is partly because I goet different suggestions, among wich, the one from the article. The problem now is, that my relability monitor is reset blank. Unfortunately after several days ti still shows the same empty graph. The problem really remains stubornly there. I feel so unhappy with this, because I took a look at it every day to learn from it. I am missing it.
    How can this be fixed? We really tried all suggestions from all your links.
    Kind regards,
    WaWa

WaWa is offline Beginner

Question

Soumya,
    I made a sreendump from my taskplaaner in RAC. I do not see how I can add an attachment to my post. Can you help?
    All the best,
    WaWa
    Last edited by WaWa; 1st October 2010 at 02:48.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast