Matasich is offline New Member

Default Windows Update fails to install with Error Code 800736B3

Windows update error 800736B3 What do I do to correct this error?

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

0x800736B1 -2147010895 Error_SXS_Cant_gen_Actctx

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

Either the update server is not recognizing the existence of WinSxS due to a communication issue or WinSxS is not present or corrupted. The issue may be related to antivirus or security software.
    Please see if something at Windows 7 or Vista Updates Fail To Install helps you. Try disabling your anti-virus and see if it works.

Also create a system restore point first and see if Fix WU Utility or some links there, help you.

Or check out Microsoft Fix It to reset Windows Updates.

Its going to be shot in the dark, but hope something helps!

technorep is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matasich View Post
    Windows update error 800736B3 What do I do to correct this error?
    Many people has got this problem and here is the best solution. First of all download System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7

secondly download and install it completely and then click start and type windows update in the search box and then click on it and finally click on check for updates and install updates

flux is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by technorep View Post
    Many people has got this problem and here is the best solution. First of all download System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7

secondly download and install it completely and then click start and type windows update in the search box and then click on it and finally click on check for updates and install updates
    Thanks for this.

I was experiencing Error Code 800736B3 from Windows Update on a fresh install of Windows 7 x32 and this info solved my problem.