dnzrx is offline New Member

Default Google Chrome locks-up, freezes, and crashes.

The problem started yesterday around 10 in the morning. Everytime I try to boot up Google Chrome , it locks up, freezes, and crashes around 5 seconds after when I try to click elsewhere on the screen or even move the mouse over one of the buttons. Eventually, only by ending the process through the Windows Task Manager can I get it to terminate.

I have tried all sorts of solutions not including reinstalling all of the software. Nothing worked. Not even rebooting the system. I also ran anti-malware software just in case if a virus was responsible; my computer came out clean of any malware.

This problem is not unique to Google Chrome, as similar problems emerged in Steam and Firefox.

My computer is the msi GT660 with Windows 7. It is in good shape and relatively new.

What is the problem and how to fix the problem with Google Chrome freezing? I tried asking elsewhere but no one's responding.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

dnzrx is offline New Member

None of the above solutions work.

And here is an update:

•Google Chrome now can not start (although its processes shows up in the task manager). I also can not uninstall it in anyway, even manually (it might have to do with my failed attempts at uninstalling Chrome).

•Firefox also freezes a few seconds after use. Steam freezes during the "connecting to Steam Account..." part.

•All three programs refused to work even in safe mode.

•Virus scans with MSE and Malwarebytes shows that the system is clean.

•The computer shows a reduced operating speed from what I had remembered.

•System Restore to the earliest point did not solve the problem.

•Updating Flash did not solve the problem.

•Several programs does work (Including many games that does not need Steam, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office Programs, MSE, 3D Modeling programs, and more).

I have made a similar help "thread" on Reddit here for more details and help. http://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/...lly_need_help/

Can you guys help me? I am seriously considering a repair reinstall or a full reinstall just for this problem, but I think those are overkill.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Thats a basket-ful of problems... so where do we start? A few random thoughts:

First, use Disk cleanup / CCleaner to remove PC junk.

Enter safe Mode and see if you can uninstall Chrome and Firefox in safe Mode. See How to uninstall programs in Windows Safe Mode. Unistall any other programs which you think may be the cause of the problem.

While in safe mode, see if you can scan your PC.

Run System File Checker.

Hope something helps.