Wh Phoenix is offline New Member

Default Changing Code Page on Windows 7

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. I need to change the code page from Latin 1 to UTF-8. How do I do this? All I get on the search engines is either changing anything else on W7 or changing the code page for IE.

Capt.Jack is offline Moderator

Hi Wh Phoenix!

I didn't understand your question. Where do you want to change this? What "Code page"? Because most of the options I find is related to development. Is that what you want?

Wh Phoenix is offline New Member

On the computer system there is a default code page (codepage) that Windows uses for setting the character set that is used. Usually Latin-1, but today the default really needs to be UTF-8 which is a Unicode font. I donít know what you are looking up, but all it is is changing the code page for which character set is used on the system. As I-wrote earlier looking up "change codepage (or code page) Windows 7" brings up changing it for IE/HTML/web pages, or changing any other settings on Windows except the code page.

I have a text editor that will accept UTF-8, but only if it is the default code page for the system. In XP it was easily found under Systems or the language settings.