Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Danny

Thread: Event log explorer crashes in Windows 7

Danny is offline New Member

Default Event log explorer crashes in Windows 7

Hi I am a newbie here so please be kind! Here is my problem my event log explorer keeps shutting down my PC I am running Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium every time i open the program it keeps shutting down my system and rebooting it. I have run sfc/scan,disk check, and memory diagnostics nothing found. there is no recorded event that it even happened. I am at a loss as to this problem it started 2 day's ago and keeps doing the same thing over and over please help as this is really annoying and interfering with my work. any event viewer does the same thing I have tried 3 different ones all the same result desperate so can anyone help me ? please help never incurred this problem ever before can't post anything because there is nothing saying anything is wrong !!!!

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

No I already have the hotfix did not work , I am running sp1 it is doing the same thing with all event viewers I have tried this has me perplexed cannot find source of this problem!

Capt.Jack is offline Moderator

Go to Safe Mode and see if you're able to access it.

Thanks all I found the problem it was a very hidden piece of malware that was the culprit,I do alot of sound studio work and was trying out a new program that I had downloaded from MajorGeeks web site and contained a hidden virus it was DarkStudio program it was hidden in I used every security program I had then I used SuperAntispyware and it found it removed it now all is fine again thanks for the help again!!
    HappyAndyK likes this.

How come none of my reply's are being posted?