byronwells is offline New Member

Default Windows 7 Blank Screen, Even In Safe Mode - How To Fix?

Alright guys

I am having a few problems with windows 7 and I was wondering if there was anyway to fix it without doing a fresh install. Before I start I must say that I have not changed any of the hardware so I don't know why I am getting this problem now. My windows 7 home was working then I loaded up a game to play and it froze so I restarted the machine, now all I am getting is a black screen after the windows logo,,

I have even tried to go into safe mode and I get the same problem as above. I can't even repair it because it doesn't find anything wrong with it..

I believe it must have something to do with the display settings within windows itself.. So I am wondering if I remove the display driver and reboot if that will solve it. If so how do I do it through the command prompt in repair mode??

Please someone help me

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by byronwells View Post
    I have even tried to go into safe mode and I get the same problem as above. I can't even repair it because it doesn't find anything wrong with it..
    Hmm I was going to direct you to Fix: Black screen after reboot on Welcome Screen but looks like you have already been there... Lets hope someone else here has better ideas.

vasudev is offline Moderator

Have you tried booting from your Windows 7 DVD? If you can boot with it , try the 'Repair your computer' option?May further have to select 'Repair Startup'.....

Also give this a try, just in case...... Were you playing the game directly from the CD/DVD? If yes, try to restart the machine with that game CD/DVD in the drive.....
    Also was your system infected from the game?