Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By melen001

Thread: Cursor sometimes goes crazy running especialy when writing .....

melen001 is offline New Member

Default Cursor sometimes goes crazy running especialy when writing .....

My cursor seems to have gone crazy. It will flash across icons in notification area in the bottom right hand corner... at this moment as i am typing this and if i go back the cursor will run forward. Does anyone have any idea what this is... is it a virus or something with the mouse? i suspect a virus..... can someone please help......i

Digerati is offline Windows Enthusiast

Sorry you have not received a response. Are you still having this problem?

You say you suspect a virus - have you scanned for malware? With what? Is Windows otherwise fully updated?

Beyond that, you told us nothing about this computer - if a notebook or PC, version of W7, if fully updated or not.

jaylach is offline Windows Enthusiast

Is this a wired or wireless mouse? If wireless it is possible that something is interfering with the signal. Have you added ANYTHING that uses electricity to the area such as possibly a fan?

melen001 is offline New Member

Default Crazy cursor... blinking cursor ....

Quote Originally Posted by Digerati View Post
    Sorry you have not received a response. Are you still having this problem?

You say you suspect a virus - have you scanned for malware? With what? Is Windows otherwise fully updated?

Beyond that, you told us nothing about this computer - if a notebook or PC, version of W7, if fully updated or not.
    Hi Guys....

My PC is okay now. I have Wins 7-64 and a Toshiba Satellite P845-S4200, intel Core i5, DDR3-1600 6GB. My issue with the blinking cursor was one of my key board keys was stuck. The keys that have the arrows which are 4 and one was just stuck and that was the problem. I had no malware so that was a relief. Thanks for your time and i'm sorry for the delay. I just forgot to come back and inform you guys.
    HappyAndyK likes this.