npc0112358 is offline New Member

Question Bunch of issues with Windows 7 Pro 64

1] first i cannot access the personalize menu from anywhere at all it says the interface does not exist.

2] same problem if i try to open file location from any download menu

3] also if i click anything in the left side bar in any of the control panel options nothing happens at all not even an error message

4] lastly if i try to restart my computer it will shut down almost all the way but the power light stays on until i force shutdown by holding power button but if i click shut down it works just fine

hopefully someone can help me with these i know i should reformat and reinstall, but i am really trying not to have to do weeks of dl'ing and installing to get all my programs back and have no external hd to back up files to my win pro is a dev copy install btw dont know if that matters

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

If you are able to remember when these problems started occurring, try to system restore your computer to a prior time.

Run Disk Cleanup Tool and then full-scan your PC with your antivirus software.

Looks like your explorer.exe might have been corrupted. Run system file checker or sfc /scannow and see if that helps.

If nothing helps, instead of a reformat, try a Repair install.

jaylach is offline Windows Enthusiast

Could you please explain what you mean by your install being a 'dev copy'?