Zzarkz is offline New Member

Default WiFi / Ethernet connection crashes

So my problem started a couple of weeks ago but now it got really annoying

It happens randomly. My pc starts slowing down and after 5-10 seconds theres no more internet

Sometimes the wifi icon shows an "X" sometimes it shows as connected. anyway I cant click/rightclick the icon

When I open the task manager and click on the networking tab, the task manager gets stuck

When I get into network repair via control pannel it says it can't find any problem

If I plug the ethernet cable the internet works for a couple of minutes before crashing again, and after that crash ethernet wont work again even if I unplug and plug it again

Last, if I turn off or reset the pc it gets stuck on the "shutting down" screen. It only shuts down by holding the "off" button

Kapil Arya is offline Microsoft MVP

Hello and welcome to TWCF!

First of all remove third-party software installed on your system if any. Second, try the SFC /SCANNOW command in the administrative Command Prompt. Then update your network drivers to latest one. Also check the network connection with a different system, to confirm there is nothing wrong from router side.

Try this and let us know if something helped you, Good luck

chrisbuck9 is offline Beginner

usually i just login to the router or hub and change the channel