Kanitfasta is offline New Member

Default Windows 7 does not remember last DST Change

Hi all!

I am new here, 58 old and retired. Since that facts, my english experience is poor. Sorry for that.

Actually I am having the following problem. (I found TheWindowsClub via the thread: Daylight Saving Time in Windows 8 / 7. )

One of my two PCs does not recognise, that the Windows Time has been changed (by Windows himself!) from DST to Normal Time. So it changes again every time it starts or wake up from hibernate. Restarting is no solution.

As W7 default all watches show synchronized time to the W7 time. Also the board batterie is not low.

Both PCs have the following, identically key:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\TimeZoneInformation]
    "Bias"=dword:ffffffc4
    "DaylightBias"=dword:ffffffc4
    "DaylightName"="@tzres.dll,-321"
    "DaylightStart"=hex:00,00,03,00,05,00,02,00,00,00, 00,00,00,00,00,00
    "StandardBias"=dword:00000000
    "StandardName"="@tzres.dll,-322"
    "StandardStart"=hex:00,00,0a,00,05,00,03,00,00,00, 00,00,00,00,00,00
    "TimeZoneKeyName"="W. Europe Standard Time"
    "DynamicDaylightTimeDisabled"=dword:00000000
    "ActiveTimeBias"=dword:ffffffc4

Since the second PC shows the correct time (time zone), I think, the problem is, that PC1 does not store / remember, that it previously changed to Normal Time.

Can anybody help? (Thanks for your interest.)

vasudev is offline Moderator

Hi Kanitfasta, welcome to TheWindowsClub,
    Can you please check if your PC is set to auto synchronize the time? Click on the clock >change date & time settings> click on Internet time tab &
    uncheck 'Synchronize with internet Time Server' and save/ update Now. Restart 7 check if it helps.
    Or if its unchecked , try checking it & set it to time.windows.com server, save, restart & see if it helps.
    (I'm using & providing steps from Windows 8, similar steps in Windows 7 )

hackerman1 is offline Moderator

Although im not sure this is the cause, also check if you have marked: "Notify me when clock changes".
    Lower right in tab-bar → Click on the "date & time"-section → Change date and time settings
    I have had problems with the clock showing the wrong time when the PC switches from "Normal time" to "Summertime",
    and back....
    But if i unmark "Notify me when clock changes" it usually work as it should....
    A bit weird.