Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: SkyDrive (OneDrive) Not Running - Cannot Login

Arun Kumar is offline MVP Alumni

Default SkyDrive (OneDrive) Not Running - Cannot Login

After cleaning the computer last night (windows 7 SP1), I am not able to log into SkyDrive Desktop App. It says not logged in and is presenting a blank dialog box without any textbox or labels. Is there any way I can solve this without having to reinstall SkyDrive all over again?
    I used CCleaner to clean the computer and it never affected SkyDrive. I also changed my antivirus from Comodo to MSE last night. Could any of these be problems?

Please Help
    Last edited by Arun Kumar; 25th January 2015 at 09:06.

Update: I removed the OneDrive, ran the CCleaner Registry cleaner and then again installed it. The problem won't solve. It says not signed in and won't give me any option to log in. The screen that says "setting up" continues to hang without presenting me textboxes to enter my login credentials.

What is the way out to solve this problem?

Kapil Arya is offline Microsoft MVP

Hello,

Please try the OneDrive troubleshooter to find out what's the issue, so we could get hint to sort it out:

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9835055

Hope this helps, Good luck

Thank you for answering. I ran the troubleshooter and it says I am running older version of SkyDrive. It took me to Windows Update. Currently it is checking the updates. Will post if the issue is still not resolved.
    Thanks

The issue is not resolved. Is OneDrive facing any problems on its server end? I can open it in Firefox but not on IE. There is no error. It just says loading and keeps at that.

Coming back to Skydrive app, I installed 8.1 so OneDrive app was built-in. But when I moved it to my previous SkyDrive folder on D drive, it says it cannot access "Pictures" folder and can't sync. Then I moved the Pictures folder to my Google Drive. Even then the same error message that "D:\Skydrive\pictures" cannot be accessed hence can't sync. Further, I am not able to install any more programs to Windows 8.1. The installers are hanging.

Do you think a reinstall of 8.1 will fix it or will it be a waste of time?

I suggest you to reset Internet settings and see if it could help you, since both IE and OneDrive can't connect, right? You might also try creating a new user account, to verify if it's a user account related problem.

I couldn't reproduce the same problem on my system, so can't say whether reinstalling would work, but Refresh is something you can try now.

Good luck again

hackerman1 is offline Senior Member

Forgive me for asking a stupid question, but have you checked your firewall ?

It is working fine now. I did a manual install of KB1919355. Here is the link for manually checking for errors in the update: http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9849689

Thank you all for pointers.

Regards
    HappyAndyK likes this.

That's the perfect news this morning

Regards.

Thea1991 is offline New Member

I see that this post is over 1year old, but I have the exact same problem and none of the links provided here worked. My log in window is just blank. I have Windows 7 - yes I know it's old, I just don't like 10! Do anyone know how I can fix it? I can ofcourse log in on the internet, but it would be great beeing able to use the folders on my computer instead. I have tried to remove the whole thing and install it all over, but the same thing happens. The log in window is just blank... I don't even get to write my email or password... Anyone? Pretty please?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last