RolandJS is offline Windows Enthusiast

Default GetRight[&Pro] not always best for FF; it works w/IE

GetRight[&Pro] not always best for FF; it works w/IE [might want to test though].
    I have been using GetRight & GetRightPro for several years. I've noticed that having FlashGot & GetRight "inside" Firefox sometimes causes problems with logging into certain web sites [GetRight sometimes captures the login material and tries to save it to your harddrive].
    Other than the above, GetRight[&Pro] does a great job of being a download manager, reporter of download progress, reporter of past downloads.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Thanks for your observations. I used to use GetRight years back, but now somehow I have never felt the need for a download manager.

RolandJS is offline Windows Enthusiast

I use FF's built-in download manager w/a tweak that shows hot dog-shaped progress reports at the bottom. I use GetRight 'cause I like the control over the name of the download and where to put the download[s]. Long ago, it was fun to watch those little windows with little bars creeping along from left to right. Now, it simply gives one little notification on the right hand side.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

True - I remember the bars!