sharkgoal is offline New Member

Default Help! My folders disappeared in Windows 7

Hi All... I am running Windows 7. Today, I noticed that my System Restore would not run. so I embarked onto the internet to try to find a solution..... and was successful. Shortly thereafter, I downloaded some plugins for Photoshop, proceeded to my "Download" folder only to find that it now only contains FILES.....and NO FOLDERS. While in Windows Explorer, the folders do show up in the left sidebar, but not in the main window showing the contents of my folders.

I have been trying to find a solution all day only to end up frustrating myself and wanting to throw my system over the balcony!!!!

Does anyone have an idea what i did??? I've run my antivirus & malware apps & they found nothing. Thanks, in advance, for helping me.

Jim Stewart

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Maybe something went wrong during the system restore operation.

1] It is possible something may have changed your folder attributes. I suggest you open Control Panel > Folder Options > View tab. Here set it to Show hidden files and folders. Does this help?

2] You might want to also scan your hard disk for errors. Open an elevated CMD and run the following:

Chkdsk /F /R C:

Where C is your hard drive label. Do it for all your drives and restart your computer. The /r ChkDsk command-line option identifies Bad Sectors and attempts recovery of information. /F fixes errors which are detected.

3] See if the Windows File and Folder Troubleshooter helps you.