TorQueMoD is offline New Member

Question Help understanding a dmp file?

Hey guys,

The other week I got a BSOD and system lock saying "Driver_Power_State_Failure". The next day when I tried to boot, my system kept restarting. Sadly this was the day I left for vacation so I haven't been able to look into things until now. When I booted into recovery mode, I loaded the latest restore point and got back into windows. Its been a few days and everything seems stable however I'd like to know what the issue was. After searching google, I grabbed Nirsoft's dmp reader and loaded up the the mini dump file but I have no idea what any of this means so I thought I'd ask here.

Nirsoft says the problem was caused by Wdf01000.sys but when I googled that it turns out this could be any number of different drivers so I figured its better to ask the pros for help. Here's a link to my dmp file...

Apparently I'm not allowed to post links yet so the URL is: torquemod.com/022815-22245-01.zip

If anyone could take a look at it and try to help me decipher what the cause was it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Hi,

This is not my area of expertise, so maybe you want to want for someone else to answer too. Meanwhile you could take a look at these posts:

Analyze Windows Memory Dump .dmp files with WhoCrashed

Understanding Crash Dump Files at TechNet.