mimisky is offline New Member

Default Chkdsk /F will not run on new start

Tried to do a system restore and got a message there were errors and run a chkdsk. Chkdsk would not run so I went into the BootExecute and found this:
    autocheck autochk /p\??\C:autocheck autochk *

I edited it to read autocheck autochk * and then ran chkdsk. It worked fine but told me there were errors and I had to run chkdsk /F to fix the errors. I try to run it and it won't and asked to run it on new start up. I pick yes and reboot system. It will not run. Go back into the BootExecute and I have the same autocheck autochk /p\??\C:autocheck autochk * up again???

How do I correct this?? I am running Wdws 7.

Thank you for any assistance

RolandJS is offline Windows Enthusiast

Have you tried chkdsk within Safe Mode? If so, what happened? And, I was told you can safely unmount the drive just before chkdsk /f runs. Your restart should remount drive.

Bugkiller is offline New Member

Hi,

Check disk cannot be initiated to the drive in which the Operating System is installed when the computer is running. So, we need to give the command chkdsk /f /r in the command prompt opened with the admin permission. Then, it will give you a prompt to give an input (Y or N). Type Y and press enter. Then you will receive a message that says the check disk will be initiated in the next reboot. Exit the command prompt and restart the computer to initiate the check disk.

Thank you
    Admin,
    PcBugKiller

cbbvb is offline Beginner

Make sure there is no extra application in use before you check partition because that application might be accidentally closed if AOMEI Partition Assistant perceived it. Also, for best results, don't use your computer for any other tasks while it is checking for errors.If that still doesb't help, I suggest you use a free software,aomei partition assistant to check disk. You can see more information at this link: disk-partition。com/help/check-error。html
    Quote Originally Posted by mimisky View Post
    Tried to do a system restore and got a message there were errors and run a chkdsk. Chkdsk would not run so I went into the BootExecute and found this:
    autocheck autochk /p\??\C:autocheck autochk *

I edited it to read autocheck autochk * and then ran chkdsk. It worked fine but told me there were errors and I had to run chkdsk /F to fix the errors. I try to run it and it won't and asked to run it on new start up. I pick yes and reboot system. It will not run. Go back into the BootExecute and I have the same autocheck autochk /p\??\C:autocheck autochk * up again???

How do I correct this?? I am running Wdws 7.

Thank you for any assistance
    Last edited by cbbvb; 23rd June 2015 at 02:36.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Please also see if anything here helps you: ChkDsk will not run at startup.