Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Windows Update not installing

jjansen is offline New Member

Default Windows Update not installing

Hi,

Day before yesterday had a problem installing windows updates. I tried different things. From 10 updates I finally got to install 4 of them (by clearing up Windows update cache seen in youtube watch?v=kH3jJ1tpCDg). But 6 remain uninstalled. I followed all things in "Windows Updates fail to install in Windows 8 / 7". Point 6 I tried, but during install it hang and unfortunately I didn't have the time to wait, so I cancelled. Problem is, Windows6.1-KB947821-v34-x64 never got installed after the first time I cancelled.

When trying to install through windows update module itself I get Code 800B0100

Through Computer Management: WindowsUpdateClient I get code 31. (Not being able to download??)

I diagnosed with WindowsUpdateDiagnostic and I got back two errors:
    Windows Update-fout 0x80070057(2015-05-17T-04_00_32)
    Cryptografieprovidercomponenten (CSP) zijn niet geregistreerd (are not registered)

I downloaded all items seperately and tried to install, but it never works.
    These items will not install:
    Windows6.1-KB3061518-x64
    Windows6.1-KB3055642-x64
    Windows6.1-KB3051768-x64
    Windows6.1-KB3046002-x64
    Windows6.1-KB3045171-x64
    Windows6.1-KB3022345-x64

So now I'm lost, lost hours of free time also :-(

Kapil Arya is offline Microsoft MVP

Hello,

Please try the Windows Update Automated Troubleshooter and see if that helps:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=260622

Hope this helps, Good luck

jjansen is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kapil Arya View Post
    Hello,

Please try the Windows Update Automated Troubleshooter and see if that helps:

Hope this helps, Good luck

Like I said in my first message, I already used this tool and I got back these two errors:
    Windows Update-fout 0x80070057(2015-05-17T-04_00_32)
    Cryptografieprovidercomponenten (CSP) zijn niet geregistreerd (are not registered)

But I don't know what to do next?

Kapil Arya is offline Microsoft MVP

Please refer this support article and let us know if this helps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821/

Good luck again

Bugkiller is offline New Member

Hi,

First, please check if all the services related to the Windows updates installation got enabled or disabled. The services related to the Windows Updates are as follows:
    1. Background Intelligent Transfer Service
    2. Cryptographic Service
    3. Windows Installer Service
    4. Windows Modulus Installer Service
    5. Windows Updates Service

Please check if all the above services are restarted and let me know, so that I can provide you some other troubleshooting steps..

Thank you,
    Admin,
    PcBugKiller

BetaCoZi is offline New Member

Yo.
    I'm facing the same problem with the exact updates. Did you manage to find a solution?
    Thanks

ChooeyF is offline New Member

I am facing this issue too, with failed updates showing in history since 24/5. I have attempted independent update from ms website, this fails so choosing 'install updates and shutdown' after 30 mins of waiting for pc to shutdown, it simply hangs and will not so forced shutdown only option with 'important update' still not successfully installed. Any fix known?

hackerman1 is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jjansen View Post
    Hi,

Day before yesterday had a problem installing windows updates. I tried different things. From 10 updates I finally got to install 4 of them (by clearing up Windows update cache seen in youtube watch?v=kH3jJ1tpCDg). But 6 remain uninstalled. I followed all things in "Windows Updates fail to install in Windows 8 / 7". Point 6 I tried, but during install it hang and unfortunately I didn't have the time to wait, so I cancelled. Problem is, Windows6.1-KB947821-v34-x64 never got installed after the first time I cancelled.
    Which monthly updates do you mean ?
    Only May or also older ?

I recently restored my system from a backup created in December-2014.
    When i installed all updates released since November i discovered several updates that causes problems.
    One in the March and one in the April-updates.

And im not the only one having problem, i did a search on the web, a lot of people have had problems....
    One of the 2 updates from June (2014-06-02) causes a reboot-loop.
    Im not sure yet which one it is, im going to investigate that later today.

Try installing only a single update, or just a few updates at a time.
    That might help you to find the problem.

ollie283 is offline New Member

I have had the problem that windows updates just hang on the download side. Tried all solutions posted on the net except modifying the Registry Nothing worked. I was using CCLEANER to clear junk/temp files prior to starting the download. I stopped using that app, went on to the net and just googled some stuff. This seemed to set up some temp files. Then, without any cleaning, I started the monthly download and had No problems. I hope this helps some people. Oh, if you use Glarysoft, don't run that just prior to taking the monthly update from Microsoft.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Browse to the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder and delete all the files and folders inside. Press Ctrl+A to Select All and then Delete.

Details: Windows Update stuck downloading updates in Windows 10

Page 1 of 2 12 Last