melen001 is offline New Member

Default Can't see pictures in Pictures Folder, only "viewer's" icons

After installing Blue Labs Free Viewer I lost my picture images and know I have Wins Photo viewer Icon instead of the original photo. I have uninstalled Free Viewer but still have the problem and I suspect that Free Viewer has written to the registry or something like that. I have tried many ways in trying to get back my picture, to many to mention, and all have failed. PLEASE suggest what should I do.....

Bugkiller is offline New Member

Hi melen001,

It seems that the thumbnails option might have disabled due to that third party application. Please follow the steps to enable that. Right click on MY COMPUTER and go to PROPERTIES. On your left hand side top corner, click on the option ADVANCED SYSTEM SETTINGS. Click the settings on the PERFORMANCE option and check mark the option SHOW THUMBNAILS INSTEAD OF ICONS and save the setting and check if the photos are getting displayed instead of icons.

Thank you

PcBugKiller Admin
    pcbugkiller@com

JackieA818 is offline New Member

I would like to publicly thank BugKiller for helping me with this old thread.... I had installed Win7 Pro x64 and could not remember how to get the
    images to show in file manager. Following the instructions restored this option and now I can see everything, including the Nikon .nef files.
    Thanks for the help!
    Jacqueline Alkula
    Chillicothe, "The Home of Sliced Bread", Missouri