mtthwlttl is offline New Member

Default Cannot download or save and file!

A few weeks ago my C drive (ssd) got quite filled up - I couldn't download anything so after doing some tinkering around uninstalling changing temp folders to my E drive (1tb) and such i finally fixed the problem. However my current problem is I simply cannot download anything. Any file from the internet from mozilla to different types of video games. Any kind of software i get a different message for each one - "could't create temp file" Cannot run file because it was terminated in an unusual way"

even when im trying to use programs such as CC cleaner i get the message "the program has stopped working" I cannot even save files from microsoft word there are exeptions such as word pad but my computer is seriously messed up

(recap)
    my documents folder does not work/dosen't exist - most of my programs "have stopped working" and i cannot download anything from the internet or save anything on to my computer"

please help I have build this 1000 dollar computer it has run fine for about a year up until very recently

if it helps im running windows 7 ultimate.
    Last edited by mtthwlttl; 29th July 2015 at 03:59.

hackerman1 is offline Senior Member

We need more information.
    Are you using an ADMIN-account or a USER-account ?
    Exactly how did you change the path to the temp-folder ?

Quote Originally Posted by hackerman1 View Post
    We need more information.
    Are you using an ADMIN-account or a USER-account ?
    I am using Admin account as for the temp folder i went into edit environment variables - edit and than changed location of :C to :E

Honestly though I think i messed something up while i was tinkering with my documents folder (not a good idea) as to clear space earlier - however i deleted my documents and restored it and yet it still does not work

Earlier my ssd( :C drive) was not working properly since windows is installed on my :C drive so I changed some stuff around so I could uninstall programs

hackerman1 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mtthwlttl View Post
    I am using Admin account as for the temp folder i went into edit environment variables - edit and than changed location of :C to :E
    Start CMD and type set.
    Look for temp & tmp.
    Is the path correct ?

Start CMD and type set.
    Look for temp & tmp.
    Is the path correct ?
    It looks like it is NOT correct I changed it to E and still all my current problems exist would you recommend a factory reset?
    Last edited by mtthwlttl; 29th July 2015 at 19:01.