Ok, so as windows 10 is now available, i am trying to use the opportunity to upgrade my Windows 7 home premium (64bit) to Windows 10. Problem i am facing is that its not working. The windows 10 media center tool for reservation, every time i open it up, it just scans, with a blank screen, i have even waited for 40 minutes (I have a 60Mbps internet connection). I have also noted that my onedrive doesn't work anymore (maybe completely useless and non-related piece of information, but just want to put it out there)...

I have tried to repair my windows 7, it doesn't work. I have tried to do a clean install of windows, but i can't install it on any of the available partitions. partition of current windows is apparently locked by the manufacturer and i can't access it in installation and none of the other partitions work. I have diagnosed using diskpart, sfc command (as an Admin), sfc command returns a message that corrupt files were found but could not be fixed, information captured in the CBS.log file, but i get "Access denied" to the CBS log file.

The USB boot drive i created, i had to do it in safe mode, windows was not allowing me to even create a usb drive in normal mode. So right now, i'm effectively stuck with this version of the windows and need help. happy to try out anything and can provide further information/ screenshots, if it helps. Thank you for reading.