Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Spooner

Thread: Restore Missing or Deleted Microsoft Office Fonts

Spooner is offline New Member

Default Restore Missing or Deleted Microsoft Office Fonts

Hi,

During the past summer I deleted a number of fonts from my Windows 7 system that I knew I was never going to use, but I mistakenly deleted some I did occasionally use. It was no big deal at the time, but now I'd like some (about four of them) back. But it's too late for a system restore and I'd like to avoid the drastic option of a total re-installation of the OS.

Is there any way to get these fonts back without doing a drastic reinstall of the OS -- which I don't have a disc for anyway? (One would think MS itself would provide a resource for valid Windows owners to re-download fonts that were installed when someone buys a Windows PC. )

Note: the missing fonts are actually Office 2007 fonts not Windows 7's own fonts.

Anyway, thanks for any suggestions. :-)

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Try to repair Office and see if it helps.

Spooner is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    Try to repair Office and see if it helps.

Whoa! You're brilliant! No wonder you're so happy. That did the trick. So simple even a simpleton like me should have thought of that. The built-in diagnostics found a "set up" issue and fixed it by replacing all the original Word 2007 fonts without removing the ones I had added. Life is great again. Thanks, Andy!
    HappyAndyK likes this.