budhouse is offline New Member

Default Windows 7 license not working now after rolling back from Windows 10

I bought this computer from a used computer dealer here in Florida as I am a snowbird and didn't want to spend a lot of money on a new one. It had Windows 7 on it and was happy, then I thought about upgrading to windows 10 as everyone else was. I did and didn't like it at all. I had a month to go back to Windows 7 and did. Then it keeps telling me my Windows 7 is not been liscence. I put my liscence number from my computer back home but won't take it. I hope I don't have to buy another Windows 7 again. Can you tell me what to do. Thank you. Pat

RolandJS is offline Windows Enthusiast

Was there or is there still a product code or license tag somewhere on the chassis? Don't buy anything, that might not be needed.

hackerman1 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin009 View Post
    Hello,
    I am sure that the issue is resolved now.
    What do you know about that ???

And if you actually read the first post above you will see that budhouse has already tried entering the productkey.
    So you are not contributing anything useful...
    Last edited by hackerman1; 30th March 2016 at 22:31.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

It is quite possible that your Windows 7 might not have been a licensed version - but perhaps a cracked version. In this case there is nothing you can do now.

If you receive any error code or message, then copy-pasting the exact message here, may help troubleshoot the issue further.