pedalroad is offline New Member

Default Windows 7 64 bit Reliability Monitor not updating or working

I've noticed my reliability monitor is not always updating 100%. Some examples are when I apply new windows updates for patch Tuesday sometimes the monitor doesn't show that anything was installed that day even when I check after a week or two it still shows blank for that date. Just curious since it seems to be at random. I have attempted the reliability monitor reset but still comes across the same problem.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Check and see if Data Collection RacAgent task is enabled:

Open Computer Management and go to Task Schedule/Task Scheduler Library/Microsoft/Windows/RAC.

Next right-click on RAC > Select View > Show Hidden Tasks.

Status should say "Queued" and the last run result should say that the Operation completed successfully. If the task is deactivated, enable it.

You may also try to reset Reliability Monitor and see if it helps.

Open the Hidden folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\RAC and delete the contents of both these PublishedData and StateData folders. If you wish, you may back them to another location.

See this link for more details.

[QUOTE=HappyAndyK;175018]Check and see if Data Collection RacAgent task is enabled:

Open Computer Management and go to Task Schedule/Task Scheduler Library/Microsoft/Windows/RAC.

Status should say "Queued" and the last run result should say that the Operation completed successfully. If the task is deactivated, enable it.

Open the Hidden folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\RAC and delete the contents of both these PublishedData and StateData folders. If you wish, you may back them to another location.

I will let you know how it goes by tomorrow. Thanks!

[QUOTE=pedalroad;175039]
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    Check and see if Data Collection RacAgent task is enabled:

I will let you know how it goes by tomorrow. Thanks!
    Well I installed a couple of optional updates along with a update to the nvidia graphics and reliability updated saying the information was installed. So i'm not sure exactly what's going on.

[QUOTE=pedalroad;175041]
    Quote Originally Posted by pedalroad View Post

Well I installed a couple of optional updates along with a update to the nvidia graphics and reliability updated saying the information was installed. So i'm not sure exactly what's going on.
    One thing I'm noticing is within task scheduler/ractask the history shows disabled, I've checked a few other computers and those don't say disabled. How can I go about changing that? and what may have caused it to do that?

jameswhit is offline New Member

Check the Windows Event Viewer for the Error log to see what is actually causing the problem. May be resetting the Reliability monitor from the control panel can help . But firstly check the Windows System and Application log. That will be helpful in detecting the error. Read this for more: eventlogxp.com/blog/troubleshooting-philosophy-windows-event-log-error-analysis/