mkomeow is offline New Member

Default How to find Windows 7 product key with no COA?

Hi, i bought lenovo ideapad in Feb 2016 with Win 10 preinstalled on a win 7 computer from best buy. I had to reset os in July and it worked fine. Than again in September, except by 10/15/16, it became win 7 again. There is no COA on computer, nor any i can recognize on original packaging. Because i also no longer am the Admin? I get "user account control" errors on separate window page that is in shape of red rectangle which informs me that I don't have correct license to continue?

So i have tried the different tips to find the prouct key (but unsure which one i even need to look for... 7 or 10? And also tried to elivate privledges. All i want to do is a clean install of 10? I also have office 365 and its valid product key, as i think i recall someone stating that may work also? Luckily I have a ms acct which shows my purchase of this software, as well as the emailed receipts from all above plus webroot. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Otherwise next step is to try to create a bootable USB, but only if the "Admin' allows me? And no...im not part of a network, School or, government. And my settings even verify that Windows 10 is activated. On Lenvo website, however, they seem to have many new update installs that i only noticed a few days ago?

Any help will be greatly appreciated! It is 3:54am in east coast, so i can't reply till later today? But i definitely wilk check back and hope to hear from someone who may have heard? Thanks again, and good night.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator