dinesh88 is offline New Member

Default Windows 7 Freezes: Drop in performance, Poor response times

Hello,

I have a Lenovo W541 laptop with Core i7, Windows 7, 32GB RAM and plenty of storage left at the moment.

However, I have been experiencing a drop in its performance the past 3-4 days where I experience sudden freeze while
    I'm typing something on the web browser, or Word document and after a few seconds it gets back to normal.

Sometimes, when I'm launching something such as a document, it takes a few seconds more to open; the response time is not
    how it used to be (for example last week). Even running a video in Youtube results in some lag and choppy rendering.

Just a few mins back, I had issues launching Taskbar Manager (Control-ALT-Delete).

I checked Taskbar Manager and I can see that not much resources are being used - System Idle is running at 97+ percent.

There was only one change that has happened to the laptop since the drop in performance, I had installed some new software
    such as Microsoft Visual 2010, Python programming language (all of which has been uninstalled now). But the issues still persists.

Could someone help by letting me know if there's some other system clean up that may be required ?

Thank you.

MoboPlay is offline New Member

You can try restoring your laptop to the last backup.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

I think you will have to perform a Clean Boot and troubleshoot.

Anyway, please see: Fix: Windows 10/8/7 Hangs or Freezes