Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SeniorHelp

Thread: Windows 7 x64 PC Updates FAIL. Tried all. New ideas pls

SeniorHelp is offline New Member

Smile Windows 7 x64 PC Updates FAIL. Tried all. New ideas pls

Been about a week. Cannot get updates to not fail. the failed list for my pc somehow include x86 updates (2 ea); already installed updates (2 ea); and not applicable updates (3 ea). Makes me dismayed but highly suspicious of $M.

Any Ideas guys?

Ran the Win troubleshooter and fixit type programs offered to no avail plus many I found in forums and the like.

Thanks Much, Jim

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

I see you have tried it all.

Nevertheless visit Windows Update fail to install or will not download in Windows 10/8/7 and try the 11, 12, 13, 14th suggestions and see.

All the best!

Default those did not work but maybe it just this

Those procedure did not change the updates problem, but I noticed it was the same thing on both my PC's (PC1 & PC2). Kinda looks like maybe all the update are done and window is still trying to update with those wrong updates, and that. This possible?

Shenmue is offline Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by SeniorHelp View Post
    Those procedure did not change the updates problem, but I noticed it was the same thing on both my PC's (PC1 & PC2). Kinda looks like maybe all the update are done and window is still trying to update with those wrong updates, and that. This possible?
    What about to uninstall some updates and then start the update to see if it works.

Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter and see.

Else try clearing out the SoftwareDistribution folder and the Catroot2 folder and then trying again.

OK, just left Win7 updates alone on each PC. Low and behold on PC2 windows updates 3 kb's. Yeah! But not on PC1. Cleared out both the foldes you wanted me to do on just PC1. Gonna wait and see I guess unless you think otherwise. Jim

Lightbulb

OK. PC 2 does update including install. PC1 just updates but not install. what particular program does win7 home premium use to install updates. Am thinking that PC1 program is corrupt. How do I install new install program. Also in addition, can I copy and past the particular KG-# needed updates from PC 2 to PC1? Thanks, Jim
    HappyAndyK likes this.

OK. PC 2 does update including install. PC1 just updates but not install. what particular program does win7 home premium use to install updates. Am thinking that PC1 program is corrupt. How do I install new install program. Also in addition, can I copy and past the particular KG-# needed updates from PC 2 to PC1? Thanks, Jim

I just took a shower. will you talk to me know?

I just took a shower. will you talk to me know?
    Have you done this and run the Troubleshooter on both your PCs?

My standard procedure is to do EXACTLY what you say to do, so for that reason alone the answer is yes. Can I recall doing it at time now? No, as time passes one forgets just what happened when you first put your shoe's on in the morning by the time you go out the door. So I cannot now recall what I did but am very sure I did what you said to do.

Uh, and I noticed you did not answer my specific questions. How come? Would like to know from an expert in any case. Jim