JRAJU is offline New Member

Default What is Hijacked Domain & how can it be explained with DNS?

What does a Hijacked Domain mean? if a scan by avast shows two sites as hijacked domain, is that meant, that these two domains have attacked my dns server in the router settings in the router or those domains are made vulnerable by some third party attackers to use my dns router settings.

Would you clarify pl. sir,
    it is to note that whenever i change the dns server to google or opendns , outside the router in the change adopter settings, then this attack vanishes. pl.
    Is it possible to test whether the ISP dns server is infected by other means
    If the service provider has a set of servers to automatically serve incase of any repair in any one server, how to find the infected or affected server.

HappyAndyK is online now Site Administrator

A Hijacked Domain is one whose address has been stolen by another. In short, the Internet Domain Name is stolen from its legitimate owner.

These links may interest you:
    What is a DNS Hijacking attack & how to prevent it
    F-Secure Router Checker checks for DNS hijacking

Thank you for your reply. But how my dns has anything to do with it , sir, This part is confusing me. The ISP is providing me the dns server from their end. As per your reply, the said domains have been hacked by a third party. I already gone throught those sites. Fsecure router check shows no vulnerability, where as Avast shows. Avast is scanning my network from my customized scan, whereas router checker accesses me from outside.
    I think that i am getting some idea . Is that means, my service provider dns has some leaks in avast scan or could it be false positive.Sorry for my disturbing you sir,

Hi, I also would like to inform that i have not used those domains in my browsing activity. The hijacked domains are shown in foreign countries site. I have checked the hijacked com's domains. So, it is confusing me, how my dns server or my router is getting affected. by the attackers thro , those domains, which i have not used so far. One is a social network and another is a search engine.pl