Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nortons

Thread: The user profile service failed the login; Registry Editor cannot rename key

Nortons is offline New Member

Default The user profile service failed the login; Registry Editor cannot rename key

I have Dell Studio Laptop and Administrator Account had "The user profile service failed the login user profile can not be loaded". I enter my account and decider that like I did many years ago I would reinstall operation system from Dell Reinstallation DVD but it would not work. This must because Admin Account is not being recognize.

Next I restarted laptop and was locked out of my account "the user profile service failed the login user profile can not be loaded."

I next went into the last account, went into profile and had two .bak for each lock out accounts, but "The Registry Editor cannot rename .bak Error while renaming key." This is because that it was not recognizing Admin Account.

QUESTION: Is this end of my laptop. I don't mind buying new PC with windows 10, but like my two Windows Home XP computers I use for my off-line printing and music.

DeborahJ is offline Windows Enthusiast

I don't think you need to buy a new laptop as its not an hardware issue.

Perhaps you could see this post The User Profile Service failed the logon, User profile cannot be loaded and maybe use the Fix It.

Hi DeborahJ

Thanks for information on this subject. I see in it that I will have to log-on with admin account which I cannot. I cannot start reimagerepaire from download or rename .bak or put it in softmode. I cannot restore windows from Dell DVD.

Hi Deborahj

I fixed it by putting laptop into safe mode Whooope.
    HappyAndyK likes this.