Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GolferGirl

Thread: Cannot find folder after using Drag and Drop on PC

GolferGirl is offline New Member

Thumbs up Cannot find folder after using Drag and Drop on PC

Tonight I tried to drag a folder (of pictures called My Photos) from one location on my E drive to another. It appeared as all went well...but now I can't find this file...it has years of history in it!! YIKES!

I did a "search E drive" and it told me there was no My Photos. There is nothing in my wastebasket. I'm afraid to shut down the computer for fear of losing the folder....an pics of family and many trips. Help Please. I am using Windows 7.

I am new to this forum...just in case, my email is niteowl7@jps.net in case I don't know where to find your answer.

Thanks a bunch.

GolferGirl is offline New Member

Default News

Update....about an hour later....I did a search...not on Drive C or E but just on the Computer and found it!!! but it gave me no location! so I just did a drag and drop file by file (so glad I had batched the photos into files!!) over to my E drive. All is well. Thanks for being there!!

Quote Originally Posted by GolferGirl View Post
    tonight I tried to drag a folder (of pictures called My Photos) from one location on my E drive to another. It appeared as all went well...but now I can't find this file...it has years of history in it!! YIKES! I did a "search E drive" and it told me there was no My Photos. There is nothing in my wastebasket. I'm afraid to shut down the computer for fear of losing the folder....an pics of family and many trips. Help Please. I am using Windows 7.

I am new to this forum...just in case, my email is niteowl7@jps.net in case I don't know where to find your answer.

Thanks a bunch.
    HappyAndyK likes this.