win7ken is offline New Member

Default Windows 7 wont boot. Splash and crash/reset

Been fighting to fix my Windows 7 SP1 wont boot issue for a few week. Im pretty savvy, but time to throw in the towel and aske the experts.

Symptoms.
    - Wont boot into Windows regular or any version of Safe Modes.
    - Shut down for the night back in late Feb and boot issue the next day/time booted.
    - Ran Startup repair too many times.
    - Tried SFC a few times from the command prompt off the Install/repair disk get a “Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation” - Ran ICACLS, DISM Cleanup, Revertpackage, etc, still no joy.
    - Ran SFC with the offwindir and offbootdir switches as below and get the disk protection error.
    - Ran chkdsk /f /r on all drives/partitions a few times.
    - Drive letters mixed up Should be System is C:, D: is Apps, E: is Data, OS changes is often F:, but really should be C:
    - Files are there, and I've cloned the original disk to a HD, in case there were surface/sector issue on the original HD. The crash after splash followed to the new HD.
    - Occurred in mid-late Feb.
    - Safemode wont boot and seems to crash while on the disk.sys file.
    - Usually a quick unreadable BSOD, but did once show something like a "fatal system error knowndll" or something like that.

Guesses:
    Corrupt system file(s)?
    Bad Patches/KB load?
    Somehow I think I either had a bad disk and a key file got corrupted, or a bad patch in Feb loaded?

----s that you have to be IN Windows to effectively run SFC...or even be able to in place 'upgrade'

I do have Bootable utility disks, like Hirens boot CD, UBCD4WIN, athe Windows repair disk and Windows Install/repair disk.

Need some help, advice or things to try.

Apologies if I am blowing any protocols - This is my first post

win7ken is offline New Member

Not sure how to post a few log files I have. and an SFC attempt CBS.log from a 3nd computer which I fan SFC on the suspect windows as an external drive attached via USB.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

You will have to use the Installation Media to repair the OS.
    More suggestions: Windows 10 PC will not boot up or start