MiguelM is offline New Member

Default Skydrive "Fetch Files" option in Windows 8.1

Greetings,
    has this feature really been removed on Windows 8.1? The possibility to acess files outside the Skydrive folder via Skydrive website. I have 2 computers running Win 8.1 PRO (both logged in with MS account) and when I go to Skydrive (browser) I don't see any of them. I've looked everywhere to see if there's any option like the one in Win 8 Skydrive's desktop app but I dont see anything related and I've read on the web that this feature will not be available on Win 8.1. Dont get it...
    Is it in anyway possible to disable SkyDrive integration in Windows 8.1 (as shown in the blog), install the "old" desktop app and have the fetch files option back in the Skydrive website?

vasudev is offline Moderator

Yes, not available in Windows 8.1
    You can disable integration Disable SkyDrive integration in Windows 8.1 but I'm not sure how this will help, I haven't tried it.

MiguelM is offline New Member

Thx for the reply. Tried it already but failed. I've disabled skydrive integration, installed the skydrive desktop app (firts normally and after on Win 7 compability) but I cant run it. I hoped that this might solve it but still nothing.