proudtexan is offline New Member

Default Cant open the PC Settings app in Windows 8

I seem too not be able too open the change pc setting app in windows 8. It always goes back too the start screen full of apps. This started today after cleaning my computer last night. Since i cant access Pc settings app, i cant reformat or refresh my pc. the funny thing is none of my restore points are there either that i created

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

WinX is offline New Member

Default I too can't open the PC Settings app in Windows 8.1, and I like it; however.....

I too can't open the PC Settings app in Windows 8.1, and I like it; however, I can access everything in it by other methods except for Lock Screen in PC and devices.

I have tried on my own quite extensively to find a way to no avail.

Is there an alternative way to set-up a lock screen slide show other than using PC Settings?

I don't know how I broke the PC Settings, but it's only for one user and I use that for the Standard User when deploying machines.

The greatest benefit for having it broken for that the user is they can't set-up a 4 digit pin to bypass the complex password.

All deployments are a standalone environment so the GPO for not allowing the pin won't work as it requires Active Directory Domains.