Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By HappyAndyK
  • 1 Post By Digerati

Thread: Windows 8.1 Still Slow On Boot

Fatbroad49 is offline Beginner

Thumbs down Windows 8.1 Still Slow On Boot

For some reason, Windows 8 seemed to boot much faster than this "upgrade" and I can't figure out why. Can the Tweaker do any good? Don't want to screw up, as this edition of Windows seems so finicky compared to the others. Any ideas on what I can do, or what I may be doing wrong? I'd really appreciate any advice on this. Thanks.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

No, the UWTweaker really wont help you, as such, to make your Windows 8.1 faster. It will only help you to make Windows behave the way you want it too, by applying tweaks.

Maybe you could open the Task Manager and check up your start up programs, and disable the one's you don't need.

For more general tips see Make Windows Startup, Run, Shutdown Faster.
    Fatbroad49 likes this.

Fatbroad49 is offline Beginner

Okay, I'll try that. Thanks!

Digerati is offline Windows Enthusiast

Much slower? How long is it taking? That said, long boot times is NOT a true indicator of system performance. So most importantly, does your computer perform to expectations once it has fully booted?

There really should be no reason 8.1 would boot slower than 8.0 - unless you had been using 8.0 for awhile and it had learned your computing habits. If that is the case, and you left 8.1 with the default settings, it "should" re-learn your computing habits and optimize the system for you after a few computing sessions.

I would, however, make sure you don't see any conflicts in Device Manager, that your system is free of malware, and that you are not loading unnecessary or unneeded items at boot. Also, make sure 8.1 is fully updated.
    Fatbroad49 likes this.