Fatbroad49 is offline Beginner

Exclamation Can't blog, keep getting beeps and it won't post!

What is wrong with my laptop? Why the beeps while I'm trying to post to a site and not letting me post a message? I have Hitman Pro. Could that be what's doing it? This is driving me nuts! I just lost an entire blog post and couldn't even save it as a draft.

Digerati is offline Windows Enthusiast

Sadly, you told us nothing about your computer - all we can assume is you are running some version of W8.

What beeps? How many? Any pattern to the beeps? Did you use that notebook to post this thread? What blog?

I have a new HP Envy m6 Sleekbook (which is more like a "SICK"book) running 8.1 and I think it's Firefox. Why 8.1 should refuse to work with this browser makes no sense to me, but all I get are beeps and choppy internet. When I try to post even on here the cursor disappears and my letters appear in another sentence. I was on Atheist Nexus at the time. Still, 8.1 seems to demand that I not use any adblocker or Ghostery and that only slows me down more. I'm wondering if HP ever intended to make this laptop run on 8.1 and I often want to throw it out the window. I think I'm going to have to take it back to the store and either get it fixed right or maybe have Windows 7 put on this. This 8.1 is a disaster!
    Last edited by Fatbroad49; 7th February 2014 at 00:27.

Should I add more memory? I have 6GB now but I've been told adding more RAM is a good idea and could fix a lot of issues.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

6GB should be fine.

RobAld is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fatbroad49 View Post
    just lost an entire blog post and couldn't even save it as a draft.
    Surely you could at least do a Ctrl-a, Ctrl-c before posting? Sometimes when I am into something I get a nagging thought--especially when my battery is out--what if there was a power failure? Then I do both back up to ClipBoard and save to Draft.rtf JIC. <eg>