Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By HappyAndyK
  • 1 Post By Digerati
  • 1 Post By Fatbroad49

Thread: Is There A Problem With IE 11?

Fatbroad49 is offline Beginner

Angry Is There A Problem With IE 11?

I'm beginning to think Firefox may be the only way to blog in Windows 8.1. At least it offers an add-on called Lazarus which keeps a copy of what you write so you can retrieve it if your browser or computer goes wrong. I'm also beginning to hate IE 11 because it so often just hangs and freezes.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Which blogging platform are you using? And what is the exact problem you face?
    Fatbroad49 likes this.

Digerati is offline Windows Enthusiast

If IE11 keeps freezing, then you have a problem with your computer or the security software/settings on your computer since IE11 is very stable. You may try resetting IE: How to reset Internet Explorer settings.
    Fatbroad49 likes this.

I was on Atheist Nexus and it could have been that I was receiving emails and being notified, but I have sounds turned off and it was still beeping like mad. And then finally, when I pushed the post button it froze. Wouldn't post, although everything else on the site worked well enough.What do you think?

I'm wondering if it's a problem with having 3rd party extensions enabled? I'll try your advice. Thanks!

Okay, I reset. Things seem okay for now. I'll let you know if it goes screwy again. Thanks.
    HappyAndyK likes this.

Exclamation I Spoke Too Soon And It's Screwy Again

It seems 8.1 refuses to allow you to use any sort of blocker---even Ghostery---which leaves your system open to all sorts of trackers. Try to use a blocker and you get choppy internet, lots of "not responding", freezes, etc. I don't think it's just the laptop,either. This is probably what we're going to see more of in the future. Microsoft ----s! HP seems to ---- as well. Any laptop brands that are better? I paid over $800 for this piece of garbage.

Matrix is offline Senior Member

I have tried Ghostery earlier and I remember that its had worked fine on my Windows 8.1. Maybe there is some other issue with your system.

I'm sorry I sound like a b****h. I'm so frustrated, and when I took it in to be examined they found nothing wrong with the machine. It's 8.1 for sure, but a factory restore might not work and they said I should re-install 8.1 but keep my 8 backup just in case the re-install doesn't work. Frankly, I'm disgusted. This process is going to take forever. Thanks to all of you for trying to help. I really appreciate this. Is there anything I can do besides what they told me?