The Dodger is offline New Member

Default Problem With Folder and Drive Sharing in Windows 8

Hello, all:

I am a nube here, new to Windows 8.1.1, but not new to Windows! I have recently added a Dell Windows 8.1.1 Tablet to my wi-fi network with a desktop running Windows 7, Home Premium, 64-bit, SP2.
    Because I am using both tablet and desktop in the same workgroup, I should be able to share some of the information on the large desktop drives with the tablet. On the desktop I have set the particular drive in properties | sharing to "shared"; network path is "\\Ourdesktop\Source Folders" with full permissions given.
    On the tablet I can connect to "Ourdesktop", I can see "\\Ourdesktop\Source Folders", but when I click on it I get an error that windows cannot access "\\Ourdesktop\Source Folders"!
    I have a feeling there's something simple that I'm doing wrong but I can't seem to find it.
    Any help would be most appreciated.

TIA,

Sparky

Kapil Arya is offline Microsoft MVP

Hello,

I suggest you to change user account password of both devices and use the same password in both the devices. Reboot both and try to join. Also recheck sharing permissions once again and make sure sharing is enabled for the folder you're getting error with.

Hope this helps, Good luck

nikhil0082 is offline Beginner

I Suppose there is some issue with the Sharing Preferences of the Files/Folders.
    If you were able to see the Folders, it means that there is no problem in Logging In.

Kindly check the Sharing Preferences once Again.