cmupstate is offline New Member

Default Desperately seeking OneDrive

I just got upgraded to 1tb Onedrive space and thought it was great for the cost. I am a long time Google Drive user and was excited to switch to Onedrive.

I have now spent many hours trying to figure out how i can switch from Google Drive and am completely dumbfounded (emphasis on the dumb). It appears that in order to replicate my tried and true folder structure in Onedrive i have to manually create the folders and sub folders and then bulk copy files into the corresponding folder in Onedrive.

I have HUNDREDS of folders and sub folders and this would take a LONG time to do.

I am really struggling with how this is even possible. Am i missing something? is this the only way to truly synch a file structure? I dont understand how anyone can really use this product if they dont recreate their folder/file schema. It almost sounds like MS is saying to just copy all your files up to Onedrive without folders?

Any help is greatly appreciated because i really want to use this product but cant seem to find a way to efficiently.

Carl

cmupstate is offline New Member

Forgot to mention I am on Windows 8.1

vasudev is offline Moderator

Hi cmupstate, Whatever file structure you have in your PC File Explorer under OneDrive will be replicated. Please check various methods of Adding your files to OneDrive . Since you are on Windows 8.1 , OneDrive is built-in. And you need to sign in with your Microsoft account to browse your OneDrive and keep your files and settings in sync. When you sign in to a PC with your Microsoft account, you're automatically signed in to OneDrive with that account.You can get to OneDrive files for a different account by going to its website.