jhbalaji is offline New Member

Exclamation Huwaei E173 doesn't allow laptop to enter in Hibernation Mode

Hey,

I am facing a peculiar issues with my Vaio Machine. I use a Huwaei 3G E173 Modem for connecting Internet. I started using this in my new vaio machine too. Whenever I use the hibernate option, it tend to goto the last phase of Hibernation i.e the screen goes off, the fan starts screaming and after a moment it restarts. So, to be succinct, the new windows 8.1 machine doesn't enter in hibernation mode, if I have connected the modem. The modem has a CD Rom emulation for their proprietary software installation, so I thought it would be the cause and hence I tried to change Boot Options in UEFI BIOS to Primary, Secondary and Third as HDD, Network and External device from HDD, CD, Ext. Device.

I have also tried to disable that Power Management settings available in Driver Settings -> Hardware Settings and Un-tick the "Allow this device to Wake the computer"

P.S If I do not connect the computer to Internet with this modem and try to Hibernate it does the Job, when I use the Huwaei Modem only it creates the issue.

But nothing seems work out. Any resolution for this?

Kapil Arya is offline Microsoft MVP

Hello,

Your problem clearly describes that something is wrong with the modem only and not with Windows 8.1 Have you tried tested this modem with any different machine or operating system? Do try this and if same thing happens, I suggest you to contact modem manufacturer to get support on this.

Hope this helps, Good luck

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Please also check if something in this generic post helps you:
    Fix: Windows laptop will not Hibernate