Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Clayto

Thread: Importing an Address Book

Clayto is offline Windows Enthusiast

Default Importing an Address Book

I have a CSV Address Book file saved ready to be Imported into People so that I can use it with Outlook.com email app. But so far I have not been able to find how to import it. I have found a detailed explanation of exporting from People, not how to import to---- can anyone help please?

clayto

I have resolved my problem. I had a look at Windows Live Mail which I had heard o,f but for some reason was under the impression it was not much good. The reverse is true, it is the best email program I have seen by far ---- but in particular it has a perfectly clear Import / Export option. My csv Address Book imported into it with ease and furthermore, when I opened Outlook.com the previously empty People pages were populated with with my email addresses. So it seems an easy way to import into People is to do it via Windows Live Mail.

clayto
    HappyAndyK likes this.

I solved this problem with Windows Live Mail. It has clear Import and Export buttons and the Address Book imported to WLM is reproduced in People and hence Outlook Mail.

clayto

This problem was resolved some time ago by importing into Windows Live Mail, which up to then I had not used. (I mainly use Thunderbird). Importing ino Live Mail is quite straightforward and I found that the Address Book had also been imported into People and Outlook at the same time.

Clayto