Clayto is offline Windows Enthusiast

Default Major Start Up problem in Windows 8.1

For a few weeks now I have had a major problem with my fairly new W8.1 Tablet. On trying to Start
    or Restart all I get is a blank black screen and when it first happened I thought the computer was
    dead, but I left it on and after more than an hour it suddenly sprang to life. This happens all the
    time, although the time I have to wait has reduced to about twenty minutes to half an hour.

I manage by keeping the Tablet in Sleep mode almost all the time. This works well but from time
    to time I have to Close and Restart and then wait a long time before I can proceed.

I have sought advice a tried a few things. The reduction in the Start Up time may be due to following
    advice to unlock (if necessary) and delete files in temporary folders. But that is as far as I have got.
    The Windows Start Up Repair Tool has not worked. Can anyone suggest what might bring the Tablet back to
    'normal' Start Up speed?

Clayto

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Some thoughts:

1. Check if any updates are available for your display drivers.
    2. Run System File Checker.
    3. Fix: Black screen after reboot on Welcome Screen
    4. See if this hotfix applies in your case: Windows 8 restarts to a blank screen with blinking cursor

Kapil Arya is offline Microsoft MVP

Hello,

Try the above mentioned suggestions, in case if issue still persists, you need to Refresh to fix it up

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/repair-windows-8

Hope this helps, Good luck

vasudev is offline Moderator

Hi Clayto, which Tablet is this?
    Many HP laptop users were facing similar problem...but since yours is Tablet so just wanted to know. Thanks.

Clayto is offline Windows Enthusiast

Just for the record: I had to get my Startup problem by a professional technician who thought the problem was being caused by a corrupt Gadget. Since then it has been satisfyingly fast! But also since then I have had to have a clean reinstall due following a MS Update.

My Tablet is a Quantum View 10.1 which I am pleased with despite these issues.

Clayto