Clayto is offline Windows Enthusiast

Default Uninstalling Microsoft Office which came free with my Tablet

Fairly soon my option to activate and use Office, which came free with my Tablet, runs out. I have not used Office for years and now that I am retired (also for some years) I will not be using it again so I do not want it. (I can use the online Office if needed.) As my Tablet has only a small HDD I would like to recover the considerable storage space, if this is possible. Is this realistic? ----- without doing any damage to Windows 8.1 itself, and in particular the one part of Office I do use, which is OneNote and its addons such as QuickNote and SendTo, which I installed from Office 2013 when it was released as a free standalone utility not long ago.

I would be grateful for advice on this, even if it is only 'to leave it alone.' My tech knowhow/competence is very limited. If necessary it might be worth paying my local technician to do it for me, if it is a realistic thing to do.

Clayto

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Right click on the Start icon (bottom left). Click on Control Panel. Under Programs click on 'Uninstall a Program (see picture - click on the picture icon below). That gets you to a list of all programs that are installed on your system. There you double click on Office and the wizard will guide you.

Kapil Arya is offline Microsoft MVP

Hello,

You can use this official Office uninstall tool from Microsoft to uninstall Office without leaving any traces:

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9815935

Hope this helps, Good luck

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Both these methods have already been suggested above.

You can uninstall Office via Control Panel > Programs and Features > Uninstall applet.

An easier option would be to use the Office Uninstaller from Microsoft.

Thanks very much!

Clayto

I have uninstalled Office using MS's Uninstaller. It seemed to go OK and was easy and automatic. I am glad to have the extra room on my HDD.

clayto

Kapil Arya is offline Microsoft MVP

Glad we could help

Good day!