Desperado is offline Beginner

Default Windows Taskbar locks, freezes, etc

Hi all running Windows 8.1 64bit

over the past few weeks the taskbar freezes open. the-the icons on it dont work correctly, eg steam I have to left click then right click and move to steam before I see the menu to exit.

I have to restart windows but to get it to close completely I have to hit the reset button.

any thoughts on this.

I have tried changing notifications no change unlocking Taskbar nothing am at a loss and my searched dont seem to shed any light on it either,

thanks Mick

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Taskbar is a part of explorer.exe process. Check if you have installed any helpers or add-ons to your explorer. Uninstall or disable them. Often, even 3rd-party shell extensions can cause Explorer to crash on particular actions. See if there are any culprits.

Start your Windows in Safe Mode and see if you can recreate the problem. If the problem has disappeared, then it's probably some startup program which is interfering with the smooth functioning of Explorer.

Maybe something at Windows explorer crashes or freezes will help you.

Desperado is offline Beginner

just to add some more info to maybe narrow this down.

when this happens my teamspeak changes from push to talk to open channel chat. I can open control panel but cannot select and of the operations such as programs and features etc.