erebus is offline New Member

Default Program unavailable. Says I need administrative rights to open it

Hi, this is my first thread. I have a HP all in one Pavilion 20b-020a computer which has been operating very well for 2 years. I also have MS Flight Simulator installed which I use regularly. All of a sudden when I try to open that program, I get a box saying I need administrative rights to open it. As far as I know I have done nothing to provoke this problem. I must tell you that I am the sole user of the computer and have never experienced anything like this before. I have read some articles on the subject which seem quite complex and possibly do not appear to be appropriate to my situation. Can anyone help me with this.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Right-click on it and select Run as Administrator. Does it work?

Else use our freeware Ultimate Windows Tweaker an add Take ownership of Files and Folders easily to Windows context menu. Then right-click on your exe file and select Take ownership. Now try running it.

If you are using Windows 8 see: Ultimate Windows Tweaker 3 for Windows 8

erebus is offline New Member

Thanks for your speedy reply, HappyAndy K. I tried your first suggestion but nothing happened. I then downloaded Ultimate Treaker. Wow! what a great app! I did everything you suggested but when I tried to open MS Flight Sim it said "Please log in with administrator rights and try again". Seems there is something not working well here. I've been thinking of deleting the program and reinstalling it. Would that help?

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Yes, you could try that. Uninstall it and then install it again and see if it helps.