Silviu is offline New Member

Default Save function for new files is disabled from some days

Dear Team of Windows enthusiasts,

I have a problem: possibility to save files is suppressed.
    I have a Windows 8.1 on PC and from several days i can't save images from browser. It stated when Avast firewall has disabled himself because was nearly expiration date.
    I tried to save pictures with 'save as', but this doesn't work. i changed from chrome to firefox, but still no result.

all the time when i press right click contextual menu appears, then i choose 'save as' and contextual menu dissapear without anything else, without questioning where to save or saving to implicit folder 'Downloads'. Also i can't download instalation kits from internet.

I also try to save new created files from Word or Excel. When i try to save them computer is opening the saving window (pointing where to save) but pressing button 'save' nothing happend. Even the window remain the same, i must close it with 'cancel'.

When this problem appeared i tried to make the folder 'windows/temp' accesible by myself ( while i am the administrator). i couldn't succed to change properties to all files and folders ( i received an error for several folders and files).

I presume it is something related to registers or something like that.

Can you help me?

Best regards, Silviu

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Boot in Clean Boot State and see if problem persists. If not, then some extension is interfering with it. You will have to identify it and disable it.

Run system file checker and DISM and see if it helps.

Silviu is offline New Member

Thanks for advice!

i did DISM and the problem still remain. do you have any other ideas? I try to install Win 10 - maby this erase the problem.
    but i can save from notepad, only high elevated programs like Browsers or Office don't allow me to save new files