kekkiiy is offline New Member

Default Windows 8.1 Store won't open

I was looking around, and I saw a fix for the Windows Store staying endlessly on a loading screen. But that's not my problem. When I click on the Windows Store in my start screen (or anywhere else), it flashes the Store loading screen at me and then instantly goes away. It shows up on the taskbar in the desktop, but no matter what I do, I can't actually open the store. Heck, it doesn't even try to load first; every time I try to open the Store, it just minimizes and refuses to work. Anyone know how to solve this??

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Clear & Reset Windows Store Cache and see.

There are more related help links there.

Change your Internet connection from Cable to WiFi or vice versa and see.

kekkiiy is offline New Member

I tried using WSReset.exe, but as soon as I tried to open it it told me that "Windows cannot find 'ms-windows-store:PurgeCaches'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

I tried using the Dism prompts from one of the other links on that page, and it doesn't seem to be working.

My Store still won't open. Also, I'm not sure what you mean about changing my internet connection.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

If you are on WiFi, connect to a cable broadband and see - or vice versa. For some strange reason, I have found this to help at times.