palegre3n is offline New Member

Default Windows 8 Update problems & Apps installatiion issues

Hi guys newbie here, I'm having major issues with Windows update and the Windows Store with pending apps and any help would be greatly appreciated! Up until about a month ago my Surface RT was running 8.1 update 3 and updates would complete most of the time, along with installing apps from the store, ever since then Windows Update hangs/doesn't do much of anything and the apps remain pending or give error messages in the store.

I tried update troubleshooting, app troubleshooter, command prompts in administrator mode, wsreset in the run command, renaming/deleting softwaredistribution folder, sfc scan etc and finally a complete system refresh - all to no avail. I'm now stuck with the original 8.1 with none of the newer updates and still have the exact same problems with the updater and pending apps in the store it's driving me completely bonkers, has anybody came up with any solutions? temporary or semi-permanent?

Please I love my Surface when it was fully functional but I can't say how long it will be before I take a hammer to it!!! Help me please!

HappyAndyK is online now Site Administrator

You really seem to have tried everything and I don't have anything else to suggest to you.

Could you give me the error message that you receive? perhaps that could help ... ???