adianq is offline New Member

Default Shoul I install these 150 Windows Updates or move to Windows 7?

So I started using good old lenovo thinkpad t420 and windows 8. The thing is, it runs so slow like I had to wait 30 seconds to enter desktop from app tray.

I don't know if it's because it's an old unused laptop or something, but apparently it has tons of windows updates, like 150 major updates, at first it does it automatically, and it freezes in failure configuration updates, so I changed the setting so that I could do it manually, like 10 things at a time. It still does the stupid failure configuration loops, i usually leave it for hours, eventually it'll got through.

What confuses me is that although it got through, it's listed like this in the windows update menu in control panel "updates were installed : today at 3:10 (failed) " like wth? so is it installed or not? The updates list diminishes tho, just so you know.

So should i keep doing this or just un-install the os because I'm interested in down-grading it to win 7?

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

If you want to move to Windows 7 then there is no need to install all these updates - which appear to be installing.