Stirwpgp is offline Beginner

Default Disabled battery - Microsoft ACPI compliant control method battery driver

Hello everyone, I am at a loss as to how to fix this problem so looking for help/advice on how to proceed;

I accidentally deleted the Microsoft ACPI compliant control method battery driver from device manager: as a result the battery icon is no longer showing up in my system tray, and my laptop will no longer run on battery power, I can not find a replacement driver. Could anyone offer any advice?

I have searched the internet to no avail, I have no system restore file, so this is not an option. Can I download the driver from anywhere?

Thanks in advance.

davehc is offline Beginner

I am not on my laptop at he moment, but can you "delete " it? I think you can disable it?? Have another look in the DM and see if you can reenable it.
    I believe you can uninstall it, but it should reinstall on a reboot.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Else open Device Manager and click on Scan for Hardware changes button and ss if it prompts you to download the driver from Windows Updates and install it.

Try these download links:
    Download Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery 5.1.2535.0 Free
    Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

abutoma is offline New Member

Angry Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

I wish I could get rid of this driver and find a replacement. My computer an HP Probook 1yr old suddenly has stopped charging.OS is Windows 7 pro. I have checked everything. Nothing helps.
    Searching for help on the I.net I discover 1000s of people with an assortment of laptops experiencing the same thing. It seems that in most cases it is the driver and not hardware failures.
    Question:
    1. Is there any replacement for this driver?
    2. Isn't it a cure for this "plugged in, not charging" ?

I guess Microsoft has no interest in doing something with this and just ignoring the problem. But it is bothering me a lot since I am living in an area where electricity may fail three-four times a day.

I am not exactly a novice to electronics but this beats me.
    Cheers!