HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Default Google still ranks scrapper sites 1st; Unlike Bing which ranks original source 1st

These days, even after 10 hours TWC post does not get indexed these days although a scrapper site displaying my feed appears first and TWC home page appears 6th.

Check this post for example:

IEDiagCMD – Inbuilt Tool to Diagnose and Troubleshoot Internet Explorer 9 problems
    URL: IEDiagCMD – Inbuilt Tool to Diagnose and Troubleshoot Internet Explorer problems | The Windows Club

Search URL on Google:
    Google

See page 1 image and page 2 image of Google.com search.

Whereas it appeared as the first result on Bing within an hour of posting it.

Its not the first time this is happening to TWC ...

Anything I should be looking up at my end? Or has Google just decided to downgrade TWC? Or it this just Panda and its algorithm acting up.

Anyone here know? :|

Any help would be highly appreciated!

yethz is offline Windows Enthusiast

I think the keywords are doing its works through search engines...

Capt.Jack is offline Moderator

Shyam: You are searching pages from India using Google.co.in while I am using Google.com search. Pls check.

yethz: Well, Bing looks smart enough to know the original source. What happened to Google after Panda?

Capt.Jack is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    Shyam: You are searching pages from India using Google.co.in while I am using Google.com search. Pls check.

yethz: Well, Bing looks smart enough to know the original source. What happened to Google after Panda?
    Yup tried that as well Google

Corrine is offline Gold Member

I'm seeing TWC post fourth on Google, indexed 1 hour ago, while the scrapper site shows 17 hours ago & is still first. In contrast. Bing not only has TWC first, it also has this thread immediately below it!

No suggestions for you though, Anand.

Matrix is offline Senior Member

The other site is using only 4 lines of your content and then linking back to your site. I see that they are doing it for almost all your posts by using your RSS. If Google cannot recognize which is the original source - to a layman like me it looks to be Google's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Jack View Post
    Yup tried that as well Google
    Shyam: Clicking on your link is taking me to google.co.in. Anyway it seems to be an indexing/ranking problem, probably not of my making. I have posted in Google webmaster forum so lets see what they have to say.

Corrine: Well, not much we can do I suppose.

Matrix: Even a leading Indian blogger who is a friend and who I regard highly in SEO matters says : "The page has been indexed but Google is suppressing it in search results because similar text is also found on your blog’s home page and Google may be seeing that as duplicate content. Since your home page is more “important” it is showing that instead of the main article which is Google’s fault. You should write this issue in webmaster forums."

SKK
    SKK is offline Windows Enthusiast

recently Google update panda,They said that this time they remove the crap but i think there are more changes to be needed to improve panda..